Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Mental Health Counselor - Community Crisis Stabilization
Lawrence, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services Category: Behavioral Health Job ID: JR14753 Date posted: 02/28/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
New Increased Competitive Pay Rates
Benefits that start day 1!
Part-Time Schedule, 24 hr/wk, Day Shift
The Mental Health Counselor is a member of the treatment team who works collaboratively to ensure a safe, therapeutic treatment environment. The ideal candidate is energetic, nonjudgmental, works well in teams and is driven to help patients and families in a time of need.
Our Crisis Stabilization Unit is an 8 bed unit offering short-term residential stabilization services for individuals with psychiatric and/or substance abuse disorders. We are a 24/7 facility that works as a team to lead encouraging groups, connect clients with medication evaluations, and follow through with aftercare plans. Individuals are accepted on a voluntary basis. The average length of stay for the program is three to five calendar days.
- Assists in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed, monitor patient valuables during body and belonging search and enter proper data into computer.
- Provide supportive, respectful, non-judgmental care to adult clients and assist them in meeting goals identified in treatment plans.
- Assists with Case Management duties, which include one on one client contact each shift, team meetings, collaboration with other service providers and follow up with referral sources.
- Acts as liaison to all inpatient facilities, case managers, psychiatrists, therapists, clinicians, referred agencies, and families to maintain communications for staff and clients.
- Participates in treatment team meetings, assists with development of care plans and report any issue for shift directly to the Nurse.
- Records and reports all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient’s safety status to the Nurse.
- Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers.
- Work as a team player delivering effective care to clients and promoting continuous harmonious working relationships.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related field required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop a therapeutic relationship while maintaining professional boundaries.
Schedule: Part-Time, 24 hours, 7:00am-3:00pm Other schedule options available