Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Nurse (RN), Behavioral Health
Lawrence, MassachusettsJob ID: JR5913 Date posted: 12/28/2022 Category: Nursing Organization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)* * Sign on Bonus up to $3000 (pro-rated for part time)
** New Increased Competitive Rates
** Monday through Friday schedule
The Registered Nurse supports integration of medical screening and services for the Community Behavioral Health Center and the Adult & Youth Mobile Crisis Intervention (AMCI & YMCI) clients, in conjunction with the program providers.
The RN’s Responsibilities Are:
1. Contributes to the comprehensive assessment of clients seeking services by collecting vital signs, assessing the client for signs of substance withdrawal using the Clinical Opioid Withdrawal Scale (COWS), Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment (CIWA) and the Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment for Benzodiazepines (CIWA B).
2. Administer other scales, assessments and rating scales as indicated, for instance PHQ-9, SDoH screening etc.
3. Fills physician orders, administers medication and engages in a medication reconciliation process.
4. Coordinates the medical care of clients including participating in transition and discharge planning.
5. Conducts brief crisis counseling and individualized risk management/safety planning, provides psycho-education and coordinates medical care.
6. Determines medical stability for disposition to 24-hour level of care
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse (RN) license required
- Experience working in a behavioral health care setting preferred.
- Strong diagnostic skills; competence in crisis intervention and engagement strategies.
- Must be able to quickly establish rapport with a wide range of clinical presentations.
- Knowledge of vast array of community resources and how to access them.
- A working knowledge of computers and the ability to complete documentation electronically is required. In addition, the ability to complete written documentation timely and effectively.
- Ability to exercise good judgement clinically, legally, and ethically. Exercises significant independent judgement and decision making and initiative in the performance of responsibilities.
Schedule: FT – 40 hrs, Mon (8:00 - 4:30) Tues (11:30 - 8:00) Wed (8:00 - 4:30) Thurs (11:30 - 8:00) Fri (8:00 - 4:30)