Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Triage Clinician, Emergency Services Call Center
Lawrence, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services Category: Behavioral Health Job ID: JR22383 Date posted: 05/22/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
New Increased Competitive Pay Rates
Come join our crisis team! Our Emergency Services teams are dedicated individuals who provide crisis intervention to our most vulnerable populations. Our Triage Clinicians provide mental health screenings and triage by phone in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Clinicians on this team possess clinical skills in assessment, triage, crisis intervention and case management. Clinicians will gain exposure and support a full range of mental health disorders, including safety concerns and indications for hospitalization. In addition, the Triage Clinician must be able to work collaboratively as part of a larger team, prioritize the level of need for service and communicate effectively with team members and community partners. The ideal candidate is a team player with strong communication skills, able to be flexible and is motivated to support those who are in psychiatric crises.
- Answer phones and provide initial phone assessment.
- Prioritize clients and direct crisis clinicians to clients in order of the highest need.
- Utilize staffing patterns during shifts to maximize response to consumer needs.
- Monitor activity of active and pending cases.
- Provide assistance to clinicians with bed searches, insurance verifications/authorizations, resource and system knowledge sharing.
- Serve as primary liaison between the organization and other providers such as hospital emergency rooms to ensure quality of care.
- Partner and utilize administrator on call when needed.
- Collect and record data and statistics for various reporting needs of the program, including triage log on computer.
- Provide direct care as needed, which in rare instances could involve community based work due to high volume, low staffing and/or for complex cases.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or a related Human Services field required.
- Experience in emergency psychiatric services working with adults, youth and their families, including training in de-escalation strategies and emergency services system of care preferred.
- Per diem