Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Food Service Worker - Cook
Lynn, MassachusettsJob ID: JR11342 Date posted: 01/25/2023 Category: Food / Dietary Services Organization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Food Service Worker - Lynn
The Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking a wide variety of food for clients, employees and visitors. He/she prepares food accordingly and plans cooking schedules to meet mealtime schedules.
- Plans and or follows a weekly menu consisting of well balanced nutritious meals that meet USDA requirements ensuring proper taste and temperature.
- Prepares appetizing, healthy, well-balanced meals and snacks meeting all meal schedules.
- Inspects all food for quality and quanity prior to serving
- Prepares meals for special events and Holidays.
- Takes necessary measures to avoid food waste.
- Responsible for set up and clean up of food production; adheres to kitchen cleanliness and sanitary guidelines as directed by the local board of health.
- Responsible for opening and closing kitchen and ensuring the food is properly stored.
- In collaboration with the program director, orders and maintains supplies.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with food suppliers.
- Meets with direct supervisor for regular supervision meetings and comes prepared to meeting.
- Highschool Diploma or GED required
- Food Service experience preferred
This is a full-time, 40 hours/week, benefit-eligible Day Position.