Learn more about working at BayRidge Hospital.
Group Therapeutic Leader Psychiatry
Lynn, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Bay Ridge Hospital Category: Behavioral Health Job ID: JR3030 Date posted: 11/08/2022
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)Every other weekend and holiday
We are looking for a Group Leader for our Psychiatric Hospital in Lynn, BayRidge!
Assumes responsibility for the clinical development and management of patient groups in department assigned. Collaborates with Medical Director and other allied disciplines and departments to ensure that a safe and therapeutic environment is maintained for all patients. Is expected to work effectively and collaboratively with the multidisciplinary treatment team to enhance the smooth delivery of quality care.In collaboration with the Director of Social Work, plans appropriate group programs to meet the ongoing needs of the patients.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Consistently prepare and plan groups according to patient needs. Make appropriate programmatic changes in response to patient population and system-wide needs.
- Demonstrate strong group leadership skills, shows awareness of both content and process, focusing on either or both when appropriate.
- Consistently complete all paperwork in an organized and timely fashion.
- Consistently monitor patients and communicate to treatment team patient’s level of participation and ability to utilize groups.
- Support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
- Attend all appropriate administrative meetings that support the mission of the hospital
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
- Leading a group
- Ability to evaluate patient needs
- Development of group treatment programs
- Theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area with previous clinical experience or demonstrated clinical skills.
- Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers. Work cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace as part of maintaining currency in profession
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
You have heard of Cape Cod but you may not have heard about Massachusetts's best kept secret, Cape Ann. Those who live on the "North Shore" are happy to keep their gold coast to themselves and for good reason. Restaurants as refined and diverse as you'll find 30 minutes south in Boston. Live music and the arts as well including Beverly's historic Cabot Theatre and North Shore Music Theatre, Rockport's Shaolin Performance Center and others. Miles and miles of pristine beaches. No high-rises on the ocean. Just an unspoiled coastline, much of it protected. Miles of trails for hiking and biking. Picturesque, historic yet vibrant towns like Manchester, Ipswich, Hamilton, Essex, Rockport and Gloucester. Some of the best public school systems in a state, Massachusetts, that perennially leads the nation in test scores. And of course, first class private school choices like Phillips Academy, The Governors Academy, The Pingree School and St. John's Prep. Simply put, there isn't a better place to live and raise a family in Massachusetts than on the North Shore.