Learn more about working at BayRidge Hospital.
Licensed Social Worker Inpatient Psych - Full time Days
Lynn, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Bay Ridge Hospital Category: Social Services Job ID: JR1968 Date posted: 10/11/2022
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Monday - Friday !
Unlicensed individuals may be hired with the expectation that they obtain a valid Massachusetts license.
We are looking for a social worker to join our team at BayRidge Hospital!
Assumes responsibility for the planning and delivery of safe and therapeutic treatment to all patients. Assures efficient patient utilization of continuum resources through close communication and collaboration with the patient, primary treatment team, insurers, and community and family support systems. In collaboration with the treatment team, plans appropriate individual and group treatment plans to meet the ongoing needs of assigned patients.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Advocate for patient needs by conducting ongoing psychosocial needs assessments and communicating these needs to the treatment team
- Plan and implement appropriate inpatient disposition in collaboration with the treatment team
- Effectively identify patient, family, institutional and community barriers to discharge or transitions in treatment. Coordinate referrals and facilitate transitions in treatment while addressing the barriers identified
- Maintain appropriate records and consistently complete paperwork requirements
- Coordinate the development and formulation of psychosocial and case management needs assessments
- Facilitate and/or provide direct clinical therapeutic interventions to prevent relapse and ensure continuity of care.
- Provide information/education to patients and their families/significant others regarding illness, recovery and treatment options.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with the treatment team in maintaining a collaborative relationship with the outside providers and the reimbursement team to optimize the provision of high quality patient care.
- Attend clinical department meetings that will have a positive impact on patient care.
- Master’s Degree in social work required with a current valid Massachusetts license, LICSW preferred. Unlicensed individuals may be hired with the expectation that they obtain a valid Massachusetts license.
- Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas
- Individual case management and knowledge of managed care
- De-escalation/restraint management techniques
- Motivational Interviewing and short-term treatment techniques
- Strong ability to assess and evaluate patient needs and develop treatment plans to address the identified needs.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced work environment
- Brief family interventions as required
You have heard of Cape Cod but you may not have heard about Massachusetts's best kept secret, Cape Ann. Those who live on the "North Shore" are happy to keep their gold coast to themselves and for good reason. Restaurants as refined and diverse as you'll find 30 minutes south in Boston. Live music and the arts as well including Beverly's historic Cabot Theatre and North Shore Music Theatre, Rockport's Shaolin Performance Center and others. Miles and miles of pristine beaches. No high-rises on the ocean. Just an unspoiled coastline, much of it protected. Miles of trails for hiking and biking. Picturesque, historic yet vibrant towns like Manchester, Ipswich, Hamilton, Essex, Rockport and Gloucester. Some of the best public school systems in a state, Massachusetts, that perennially leads the nation in test scores. And of course, first class private school choices like Phillips Academy, The Governors Academy, The Pingree School and St. John's Prep. Simply put, there isn't a better place to live and raise a family in Massachusetts than on the North Shore.