Learn more about working at BayRidge Hospital.
Mental Health Counselor Full Time Evenings
Lynn, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Bay Ridge Hospital Category: Behavioral Health Job ID: JR14890 Date posted: 03/07/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)Every other weekend and holiday - great entry level position
We are looking for you to join our team at BayRidge. BayRidge is our 64 bed Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital located in Lynn, MA! Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties and responsibilities in collaboration with other nursing staff. Works effectively and collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary treatment team to enhance the smooth delivery of quality nursing care.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Record and report all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient’s status to the Registered Nurse
- Monitor the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with promoting a positive therapeutic environment
- Respond to patient care needs and issues, assist patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborate with nurses to assist with any patient nursing needs
- Assist in the admitting, discharging and transferring process ensuring that patient safety is addressed, monitor patient valuables during belongings search and enter proper data into computer
- Participate in treatment team meetings, assist with development of care plans and report any issues for shift directly to the Registered Nurse
- Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR and Aggression Management
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma Required
- College Degree in Psychology or related field preferred
- Experience and desire to work with the public, in a healthcare setting, or in human services required. Prior experience as Mental Health Counselor, Behavioral Health Technician, Certified Nursing Assistant
- Experience with EPIC, one- to- one interaction with patients, and De-escalation management preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others with the ability to adapt to changes in the workplace
- Must be fluent in English(verbal and written)
Welcome to BayRidge Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. BayRidge Hospital provides psychiatric services to the residents of the North Shore and greater Lynn communities. BayRidge Hospital provides accessible, high-quality substance abuse and mental health treatment. The 62-bed psychiatric hospital in Lynn offers a continuum of psychiatric and chemical dependency services on an inpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient basis.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.