Learn more about working at BayRidge Hospital.
Registered Nurse - Inpatient Psychiatry - 32 hours, evening shift
Lynn, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Bay Ridge Hospital Category: Nursing Job ID: JR34398 Date posted: 10/19/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)Every other weekend and holiday
We are looking for a RN to join our team at BayRidge. BayRidge is our 64 bed Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital located in Lynn, MA! Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care from admission to discharge. Collaborates with other nursing staff and other allied disciplines to ensure that a safe and therapeutic environment is maintained for all patients.
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care on a 24 hour basis from admission to discharge.
Schedule- 24 hours/week, 8 hour day shifts
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Assess, plan and implement care on all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the patient’s status. Report and record any findings to the MD and charge nurse
- Perform the role of medical nurse when assigned, assist the consulting internist and Nurse Practitioner with exams and perform treatments, tests and procedures as ordered
- Monitor the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with promoting a positive therapeutic environment
- Respond to patient care needs and issues, assist patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborate with and direct other nursing staff to assist with any patient nursing needs
- Admit, discharge and transfer patients to and from department/unit ensuring that patient safety is addressed and monitor patient valuables during belongings search
- Participate in treatment team meetings and develop plans of care
- Administer medications to assigned patients and monitor effectiveness
- Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR and Aggression Management
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in nursing preferred from an accredited school of nursing
- Current professional license registration (RN license) in Massachusetts
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas
- Psychotropic medication administration and monitoring
- Drug and alcohol withdrawal
- De-escalation/Restraint Management
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others and ability to adapt to changes in the workplace
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written)
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities