Learn more about working at BayRidge Hospital.
Registered Nurse - Inpatient Psychiatry Full time Days
Lynn, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Bay Ridge Hospital Category: Nursing Job ID: JR12724 Date posted: 03/14/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
SIGN ON BONUS
About the Job
Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care on a 24 hour basis from admission to discharge.
32 hours/week 8 hour Shifts
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Assess, plan and implement care on all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the patient’s status. Report and record any findings to the MD and charge nurse
- Perform the role of medical nurse when assigned, assist the consulting internist and Nurse Practitioner with exams and perform treatments, tests and procedures as ordered
- Monitor the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with promoting a positive therapeutic environment
- Respond to patient care needs and issues, assist patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborate with and direct other nursing staff to assist with any patient nursing needs
- Admit, discharge and transfer patients to and from department/unit ensuring that patient safety is addressed and monitor patient valuables during belongings search
- Participate in treatment team meetings and develop plans of care
- Administer medications to assigned patients and monitor effectiveness
- Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR and Aggression Management
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in nursing preferred from an accredited school of nursing
- Current professional license registration (RN license) in Massachusetts
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas
- Psychotropic medication administration and monitoring
- Drug and alcohol withdrawal
- De-escalation/Restraint Management
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others and ability to adapt to changes in the workplace
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written)