Learn more about working at BayRidge Hospital.
Registered Nurse Inpatient Psychiatry Full time Evenings
Lynn, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Bay Ridge Hospital Category: Nursing Job ID: JR14203 Date posted: 02/24/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)
We are looking for a RN to join our team at BayRidge. BayRidge is our 64 bed Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital located in Lynn, MA! Assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care from admission to discharge. Collaborates with other nursing staff and other allied disciplines to ensure that a safe and therapeutic environment is maintained for all patients.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Perform the role of medical nurse when assigned, assist the consulting internist and Nurse Practitioner with exams and perform treatments, tests and procedures as ordered
- Monitor the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with promoting a positive therapeutic environment
- Respond to patient care needs and issues, assist patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborate with and direct other nursing staff to assist with any patient nursing needs
- Admit, discharge and transfer patients to and from department/unit ensuring that patient safety is addressed and monitor patient valuables during belongings search
- Participate in treatment team meetings and develop plans of care
- Administer medications to assigned patients and monitor effectiveness
- Assess, plan and implement care on all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the patient’s status. Report and record any findings to the MD and charge nurse
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in nursing preferred from an accredited school of nursing
- Current professional license registration (RN license) in Massachusetts
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.