Learn more about working at BayRidge Hospital.
Registered Nurse - Inpatient Psychiatry-32 hours, day shift
Lynn, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Bay Ridge Hospital Category: Nursing Job ID: JR29394 Date posted: 08/17/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Every other weekend and holiday
$8,000 Sign on bonus eligible!
BayRidge Hospital, a part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, provides substance abuse and mental health treatment, along with inpatient and outpatient services.
This is a Department of Mental Health (DMH) licensed hospital with 62 adult psychiatric beds.
Inpatient services are provided in a hospital setting and offer evaluation and treatment of acute mental health and/or substance use conditions. Care is provided in a 24-hour, secure and protected, treatment environment. The goal of inpatient services is stabilize people who display acute psychiatric conditions associated with either a sudden onset and a short, severe course, or a marked worsening of symptoms associated with a more persistent, recurring condition.
The New Graduate RN at BayRidge assumes responsibility for providing skilled, creative, high quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care from admission to discharge. Collaborates with other nursing staff and other allied disciplines to ensure that a safe and therapeutic environment is maintained for all patients.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Perform the role of medical nurse when assigned, assist the consulting internist and Nurse Practitioner with exams and perform treatments, tests and procedures as ordered
- Monitor the patient milieu for safety issues and assist with promoting a positive therapeutic environment
- Respond to patient care needs and issues, assist patients with personal hygiene and other activities of daily living. Collaborate with and direct other nursing staff to assist with any patient nursing needs
- Admit, discharge and transfer patients to and from department/unit ensuring that patient safety is addressed and monitor patient valuables during belongings search
- Participate in treatment team meetings and develop plans of care
- Administer medications to assigned patients and monitor effectiveness
- Assess, plan and implement care on all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the patient’s status. Report and record any findings to the MD and charge nurse
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in nursing preferred from an accredited school of nursing
- Current professional license registration (RN license) in Massachusetts
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.