Learn more about working at BayRidge Hospital.
Service Associate II, Full Time Days, 40 hrs
Lynn, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Bay Ridge Hospital Category: Environmental Services Job ID: JR35410 Date posted: 11/20/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
- TheServiceAssociateIIprovidesservices as part of the patient care team.
- Perform heavier cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Dust and wet mop floors.
- Scrub or buff floors with appropriate equipment.
- Vacuum, shampoo, and extract carpets for cleaning and bacteria control with industrial vacuum.
- Strip and refinish hard surface floors.
- Transport waste from utility rooms and other collection points and dispose of waste by sterilization and/or placement in holding area.
- Terminal clean induction units, light fixtures and windows.
- Terminal clean OR, Invasive and Special Procedure rooms as needed.
- Assumes Supervisory responsibility in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Assist in cleaning of emergency spills when observed or upon request.
- Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and recommends repairs as needed.
- Observe and report the general need for repairs to equipment, furniture, building and fixtures.
- In case of fire or other internal disaster, assist in evacuating ambulatory patients and residents to exits.
- In case of community disaster, assists nursing in making up extra beds and other duties as assigned.
- Perform all other tasks which may be assigned.
- Carries pager and responds to requests in a timely manner
- Primary responsibilities will also include all aspects of aServiceAssociateI.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities