Milton, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton Category: Purchasing / Procurement Job ID: JR31037 Date posted: 09/12/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Under the general direction of the Purchasing Supervisor, the Buyer performs a variety of duties such as developing product specifications; researching supplies, equipment, and services; formulating and evaluating bid proposals; awarding business to selected vendors; placing orders with vendors; and expediting orders.
1. Research sources for supplies, equipment and services as requested.
2. Prepare bid documents, bid lists, and spread sheets for items that need to, and have been bid.
3. Negotiates with vendors, selects and awards business to vendors, signs purchase orders and purchasing contracts when appropriate.
4. Process requests for supplies, equipment, and services, regardless of the source, from initial.
5. Expedites orders and backorders in a timely fashion.
6. Solves problems relating to the purchase delivery, invoicing, and shipment of goods.
7. Initiates price changes.
8. Performs duties of department secretary and the Purchasing Manager when necessary and/or requested.
9. Maintain department files and submit reports as requested or scheduled.
10. Provide accurate documentation for all departmental transactions.
11. Participates in the departmental decision-making process as requested.
12. Answers phones, accepts and relays messages, and processes requests in a timely fashion.
13. Recommends and develops new cost containment ideas.
14. Performs job functions in a manner which promotes the safety and health of the worker, co-workers, patients, and visitors in Milton Hospital.
15. May be required to perform similar or related duties as may be necessary on an emergency, temporary or limited basis as assigned.
16. All job functions are subject to change at the discretion of the Hospital Administration.
Must posses a high school diploma with a preference towards an advanced degree. Must have strong communication, interpersonal, mathematical, and organizational skills. Experience in Buying, billing, Customer Service, Expediting, Inventory Control, Traffic and Warehousing. Computer experience is preferred.
A Physical Abilities Job Description is a component of the Job Description form.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.