ED RN $7,500 Sign-On Bonus
Milton, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton Category: Nursing Job ID: 2017461_MIL Date posted: 10/01/2022
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
Beth Israel Deaconess Milton is committed to improving the health of our community by providing exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect.
Beth Israel Deaconess Milton is seeking Registered Nurses to work in our Emergency Services Department.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the total care of patients within assigned unit. Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, or designee, with-in the framework of the RN license, participates in the following activities:
Provides patient care utilizing the Nursing Process:
systematically assesses the health status of the patient
analyzes and interprets data and makes nursing judgments regarding care
plans, implements and coordinates nursing interventions
evaluates outcome of nursing interventions
revises/updates plan of care
documents nursing process clearly and concisely
Communicates nursing plan effectively
This position is 36 hours per week (3 12-hour shifts), rotating primarily day/evening shift, including every other weekend with holiday commitment.
This position is eligible for full benefits, including health, vision, dental, and supplemental plans.
- Provides and coordinates health teaching for patient and/or patient representative.
- Collaborates, cooperates and communicates with other health care providers to ensure quality and continuity of care.
- Performs all duties in accordance with safety and other laws, rules and regulations as set forth by appropriate regulatory and governmental agencies and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policy and procedure.
- Adheres to standard precautions.
- Administers all Emergency Medications in a safe and effective manner.
- Performs safely and efficiently in emergency situations, assessing, planning and evaluating care to meet rapidly changing patient and family needs.
- Maintains unit specific competencies.
- Maintains communication with patients and family
- Maintains current BLS, ACLS, PALS certifications with American Heart Association.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the healthcare team within the department.
- Attends and/or participates in in-house or outside training programs
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- 1 Year of acute care medical-surgical experience (or equivalent) required, Emergency nursing experience preferred
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support, certification required
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support; certification required
- American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support; certification preferred, required within six months of hire
- Must be able to pass basic medication test prior to hire
- Must be able to pass basic tele test by end of orientation