Emergency Department Nurse Manager
Milton, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton Category: Nurse Management Job ID: JR35269 Date posted: 10/26/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Beth Israel Deaconess Milton is committed to improving the health of our community by providing exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect for all.
SIGN-ON BONUS $15,000!
Beth Israel Milton is currently seeking a full-time Emergency Department Nurse.
Identify goals to be achieved to improve the quality of patient care and to promote staff development in the Emergency Department in conjunction with the Nurse Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Under the direction of the Vice President of Patient Services, maintains the standards of care practiced on each unit, and evaluates the nursing care rendered on the units on an ongoing basis.
2. Develops and/or maintains unit-based Quality Improvement program.
3. Develops and manages the budget for the units. Researches, develops and recommends policy and procedural changes to the Vice President of Patient Services.
4. Reports to and keeps the Vice President of Patient Services informed of unit activities, needs and problems.
5. Organizes and directs functions and activities in the units. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures, regulations to personnel, patients, medical staff, and the public. Utilizes personnel efficiently and assures cost-effective utilization of supplies and equipment.
6. Assumes responsibility for overall personnel management of assigned personnel. This would include interviewing, selecting, disciplining, scheduling, assigning, supervising, evaluating performance, and any other appropriate personnel actions. Provides professional growth of staff and updates job descriptions as needed.
7. Inspects area regularly for compliance with department policies, procedures, regulations, standards, and takes corrective action when violations occur. Maintains patients’ rights and compliance with hospital communications code. Assures proper maintenance of patients’ medical records and confidential treatment of patient information.
8. Utilizes Universal Precautions and ensures compliance of this use by all staff. Ensures a safe and clean environment, utilizing aseptic technique.
9. Analyzes needs, studies new trends and developments, and offers recommendation to Nursing Administration.
10. Performs duties of Registered Nurse, as necessary.
11. Maintains good interdepartmental relations and public and public relations.
12. Maintains required records, reports, statistics for administrative purposes and budget preparation.
13. Maintains established hospital policies, procedures, objectives, total quality management, safety, environmental and infection control.
14. Maintains adequate reference material for use by nursing staff.
15. Conducts and documents monthly staff meetings which include Total Quality Improvement issues, problem-solving and communication components.
16. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, professional affiliations. Encourages subordinate staff to participate in educational programs. Provides staff with quality in-service programs. Attends mandatory review and educational programs.
17. Performs similar or related duties as may be necessary on an emergency, temporary or limited basis, or as assigned.
18. Performs job functions in a manner which promotes the safety and health of the worker, coworkers, patients and visitors in Milton Hospital.
19. All job functions are subject to change at the discretion of Hospital Administration.
Graduate of an accredited B.S. Program in Nursing, or equivalent. Current licensure by
the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing, and three to five years of critical care experience. ACLS certification required.
A Physical Abilities Job Description is a component of this Job Description.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Description:NURSE MANAGER
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities