Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Field Support Technician
Boston, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Category: Operations & Support Job ID: JR16841 Date posted: 03/25/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)This position is full-time on-site at New England Baptist Hospital in Boston, MA. Travel would be required to visit offsite locations, as needed.
Responsible for delivering world class field support services across all BILH entities and its affiliates. Using the Information Technology Service Management suite provided, this Tier 2 In-person support position is responsible for all aspects of customer requests and incident management. This includes acting as an escalation point on tickets not resolved by the Service Desk as well as logging, triaging, resolving, and timely follow up of service requests/incidents. The Field Support Technician interacts with all levels of BILH colleagues and thus must have superior customer relations and communications skills. This individual must be highly skilled in both customer service and various information technology areas. Must be willing to be on-call after business hours on a rotational basis. On a day-to-day basis, the Field Support Technician ensures proper operation and support of PCs, printers, peripherals, and mobile devices. This individual also supports all standard operating systems, software applications, and vendor devices. The position requires an attitude of constant learning, curiosity, helpful engagement with clients and colleagues, and being invested in the success of the group and its services. The ability to find answers from documented solutions and research technical issues to resolution is critical.
1. Responsible for Level 1 support providing basic to intermediate support. Exceeds end user expectations by meeting established SLA's and customer demands. Drives high customer satisfaction and ensures services align with BILH needs. (essential)
2. Exhibits commitment and accountability to coordinate customer support issues and ensure timely response, positive outcomes and accurately identify when issues should be escalated to SME's (Subject Matter Experts) and/or management. Also, acts as an SME for designated technologies. (essential)
3. Diagnose and resolve moderately difficult desktop and peripherals related to interoperability, OS security issues, system access, passwords, and authentication. Accurately responds to desktop issues related to profiles, group policies and local system configurations. (essential)
4. Demonstrates an understanding of network-related activities and support, including but not limited to IP and DNS. (essential)
5. Acquires professional knowledge and skills by participating in training opportunities, in-service programs, vendor seminars, etc. to maintain the highest level of technical skills possible. Participates in cross-training nd acts as an
escalation point for the Service Desk. (essential)
6. Acquires an understanding of BILH centric clinical and core applications with skill/ability to troubleshoot and resolve performance, access and interoperability issues. Perform assessments and diagnosis of problems using remote tools, with skill/ability to perform fixes and installations. (essential)
7. Acquires an understanding of best practices in regards to IT security in order to quickly identify potential business impacting vulnerabilities / threats. (essential)
8. May contribute to the creation of processes and procedures for the knowledge base. Will work closely with teams to develop standardized workflows. (essential)
9. Ensure accurate and timely updates to the ITSM ticketing system (essential)
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. Certificate 1 A+ Certification preferred.
3. 1-3 years related work experience required in 2 plus years of Service Desk/Field/IT Support experience supporting a large enterprise of end users in a complex MS Windows / MS Office environment.
4. Moderate Knowledge of various Operating systems (OS) including but not limited to Windows 10 and MAC OS is required Knowledge of various mobile devices is required, including but not limited to: iOS and Android platforms is
required. Knowledge of Network fundamentals is required.
5. Solid experience of Citrix Systems application is required. Solid experience with Microsoft infrastructure (Windows, Active Directory, Exchange, etc.) is required. Solid experience of Microsoft O365 applications is required.
6. May produce complex documents, perform analysis, and maintain databases. Ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge of a wide variety of systems. Knowledge and experience with ITSM systems such as Service Now or Remedy.
7. Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
1. Moderate Knowledge of Dell, Apple, HP and Ricoh hardware is desirable.
2. Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft and Workday application is desirable.
3. Knowledge of the Epic application is desirable.