Public Safety Officer
Milton, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton Category: Security Job ID: 2017519_MIL Date posted: 10/01/2022
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Public Safety Officer
SIGN-ON BONUS $1,000!
Beth Israel Deaconess Milton is committed to improving the health of our community by providing exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect for all.
Beth Israel Deaconess Milton is seeking a Public Safety Officer.
Hours per week:40
This position is full-time, day shift
Reporting to the BID-Milton Director, Safety and Security, this position is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment throughout the BID-Milton Hospital property areas by possessing a safety centric mindset with a focus on customer service and RESPECT standards.
Duties & responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor access control to BID-Milton Hospital facilities through proactive patrols
- Welcoming, assisting and directing all staff and public persons into the facility while ensuring all applicable BID-Milton Hospital rules & regulations and operating policy & procedures are being met and/or abided by professionally.
- Monitor all CCTV and alarm stations for criminal and/or safety situations and take required applicable steps and make needed notifications
- When required, perform 1:1 Patient Watches to ensure the safety of the respective patient and staff
- Tours the facility and reports any applicable security and/or safety issues
- Respond and assist to all emergencies, codes and/or calls for assistance
- De-escalate crisis situations utilizing verbal de-escalation techniques and when ordered assist in the application of physical safety restraints
- Prepare and submit written reports and daily activity events in a complete and accurate manner
- Maintain open lines of communication and positive working relations with hospital staff to ensure all issues, assistance requests and follow-ups are handled in a timely and complete manner.
- Assist all Hospital Departments to ensure safe and secure operations of the Hospital
- Any and all duties requested by BID-Milton Hospital Manager, Safety and Security.
Must hold a High School diploma or G.E.D., some college credits preferred.
Possess 6 months to 1 years’ experience in a related Security and/or Customer Service environment. Previous/current law enforcement and or military experience preferred
Have the ability to effectively speak, read and write English.
Have a working knowledge and literacy of CCTV, ID badging and Access Control Systems (CCure 9000)
Ability to use a telephone, public safety radio and communications and dispatch software
Possess the flexibility to work a variety of shifts in a given schedule period to include overtime as needed
Possess the ability to handle private information with discretion and in accordance with all applicable Hospital and State & Federal guidelines.
Complete and maintain AVADE de-escalation certification and AHA BLS CPR certification
Possess working knowledge of Hospital Incident Command System (HICS)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This list is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel assigned to this position.
May be required to perform similar or related duties as required.
BID Milton will pay $1,000 (in two payments over six months) to hired candidates for this position. Candidates will receive $500 on the pay period following date of hire and another $500 once they reach six months of employment.
·Employees applying internally from within BID Milton or another BILH entity are not eligible for this signing bonus program.
·Re-hires may receive signing bonuses if they terminated their employment with BID Milton more than a year before new hire date. This includes students, volunteers and interns who have worked (paid or unpaid) at BID Milton
·New employees must be in good standing at the bonus payout dates to receive payout.
·Candidates who are referred by a current employee will receive their bonus as part of the employee referral program. Candidates may not receive both a signing bonus and a referral bonus.
·Bonus eligible jobs are subject to change based on the hospital's hiring needs and will be determined by Human Resources on an ongoing basis. HR reserves the right to change the bonus eligible jobs at any time. Additionally, all payouts are subject to standard state and federal tax withholdings and are processed through payroll.