Urgent Care Technician
Milton, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton Category: Emergency Services Job ID: JR30452 Date posted: 09/11/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Performs multiple clinical and practice support responsibilities in coordination with a team of healthcare providers to expedite the flow of patients in an urgent care setting and provides the best experience and care for patients.
Essential Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Prioritizes and completes responsibilities delegated by nurses and physicians. Maintains a calm and professional demeanor while working in a fast pace, highly demanding environment. Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills, strong communication skills, act as a positive member of the care team, display a commitment to providing outstanding customer service and attention to detail.
2. Performs a variety of patient care duties including but not limited to EKGs, vital signs, wound care, splinting, and crutch walking, and assisting patients in activities of daily living. Assists providers in the delivery of care and assists patients who have physical and psychological limitation.
3. Performs phlebotomy, specimen collection and point of care lab testing according to lab protocols and quality control standards. Communicates results to the appropriate staff and documents results in the medical record in a timely manner.
4. Maintains supply inventory needed to maintain daily operations. Stocks medical and surgical and office supplies, along with linen and other supplies required in the department. Ensures used equipment is cleaned by appropriate process and is ready for the next patient.
5. Completes regular rounding on all patients following department process. Communicates with patients on any unexpected delays. Performs additional functions as needed and under the direction of clinic leadership to provide an optimal and efficient patient care setting.
6. Monitors the unit's environment of care in accordance with all regulatory guidelines. If deficiencies are noted the Urgent Care Tech will intervene to correct by contacting the appropriate department or notify the supervisor in a timely fashion. Notifies supervisor and others appropriately in the presence of difficult and/or unpredictable patient situations and/or behaviors.
7. Works with unit leadership supports front desk operations of check-in, chart management and administrative support duties associated with patient flow and discharge.
May be required to perform similar or related duties as may be necessary on an emergency basis or as designated by the department manager.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
3. 1-3 years related work experience required.
4. Experience with computer systems required, including web-based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
1. EMT, Paramedic, Certified Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant training. Emergency Department experience.
2. Urgent Care or Emergency Department experience.
3. Nursing student with completion of one clinical rotation or other direct patient care experience