Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham
Unit Coordinator (24hr, Day)
Needham, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham Category: Nursing Operations Job ID: JR33860 Date posted: 11/20/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Clinical Director/Nurse Manager or delegate, assists in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the activities occurring in the nursing station by performing clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining the physical environment of the area.
Job Description:Essential Responsibilities:
- Performs all patient record activities and charting transcriptions with close attention to detail and accuracy. Ensures that complete information is filled in on all forms/requisitions, transfers, work order, dietary requisitions and keeps current census sheets. Delivers completed forms to the proper departments, as necessary.
- Initiates chart forms for patient admissions, transfers, discharges and expirations; maintains patient's charts in appropriate organizational and sequential order; files reports and test results in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy.
- Identifies correct patient charts and reports before filing; verifies that all information is correct and takes corrective action when necessary (patient labels, face sheet, ID band, etc.). Ensures accuracy at all times.
- Routinely places appropriate forms on charts, without reminders, (permits, patient teaching, pre-op checklists, numbered and dated, consultations, etc.). Ensures that all documents in record are properly numbered, dated and stamped with correct patient identification. Patient files are current, at all times.
- Responds immediately to patient call lights. Notifies appropriate nursing personnel of patient requests. Promptly delivers mail, newspaper, messages and flowers to patients.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience preferred
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work:Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities