Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Clinician (LICSW/LMHC), Primary Care Integration
Peabody, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services Category: Behavioral Health Job ID: JR43166 Date posted: 02/07/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
Sign on bonus up to $3000 (pro-rated for part time)
New Increased Competitive Pay Rates
Primary care settings have become a gateway for many individuals with behavioral health and mental health challenges. To address these needs the collaborative care model was developed, which embeds behavioral health clinicians into primary care offices. Our embedded clinicians are an essential part of a multidisciplinary team. Clinicians will partner with providers to recognize and treat mental health disorders and substance abuse by identifying, triaging and managing patients. They provide short-term therapy, using a range of evidence-based treatment modalities. Other tasks include: behavioral health screenings to identify level of care, resource finding and treatment planning.
The ideal candidate is collaborative and flexible with strong, proactive communication skills and the ability to work independently while making a difference in the lives of the clients we serve.
• Review medical records prior to initial evaluation to familiarize with the patient's history to perform a thorough, quality assessment.
• Assess patients for behavioral health disorders and the continuum of substance use disorders, including use, abuse and/or dependence.
• Utilize clinical skills in brief treatment approaches such as: CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Problem-Solving Therapy, Supportive Therapy, Behavioral Activation and Psycho-Education.
• In collaboration with the primary care treatment team, design behavioral health treatment plans of care based on patient needs and overall assessment.
• Design and execute effective behavioral health and substance use education curricula classes for staff and other providers.
• Complete all clinical documentation within expected timeframes and in compliance with organization policies.
• Knowledge of or ability to learn insurance standards for both commercial insurances and Mass Health products.
• Develop supervision plan with supervisor and meet on a regular basis to discuss clinical, organizational, and agency issues and review performance.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, patients, visitors, external providers, regulatory bodies, and the broader health care community.
• Maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive data at all times.
• Master's degree in Social Work or other directly-related Human Service discipline.
• Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) required.
Full time, 40 hours. M-F days. (part-time options available)
Located at Lahey GIM Peabody
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities