Learn more about working at Lahey Medical Center Peabody
MRI Technologist, Per Diem
Peabody, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Lahey Medical Center Peabody Category: Diagnostic Imaging Job ID: JR21992 Date posted: 05/25/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)The MRI Technologist performs a variety of routine and advanced MRI procedures in the presence of a strong magnetic field while monitoring and maintaining essential patient care and safety. Flexibility to work overtime/cover other than assigned shifts and other sites as needed. Holiday and on-call rotation mandatory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but are not limited to:
1. Obtains and documents necessary patient information from Patient/family/significant others and health-care providers pertinent to the care of the patient. i.e. safety (Use of Magnetic field), medical history for relevance of exam ordered.
2. Completes assessments by utilizing medical record/radiology requisitions/physicians orders to ensure appropriateness of procedures.
3. Assess patient’s condition/status ensuring ability of patient to proceed with MRI exam.
4. Document all pertinent information involving the use of oral/IV contrast in EPIC, and obtain accurate allergy information.
5. Performs all MRI exams with 100% accuracy. Accurately follows departments’ clinical protocols, including but not limited to Post-Processing.
6. Begin and complete all MRI exams utilizing the RIS tracking system with 100% accuracy 100% of time.
7. Utilizes PACS modality work list with 100% accuracy; patient demographics, accession number.
8. BLS certified
9. Properly QC’s MRI studies utilizing the PACS.
10. Properly evaluates images for diagnostic purposes; recognizing anatomy and pathology for need of an additional scan or contrast.
11. Follows all safety protocols relating to Magnet safety with 100% accuracy 100% of the time.
12. Readily and willingly contributes to the team approach to provide optimal quality patient care/customer satisfaction by working non-assigned shifts as needed and at other sites.
13. Responsible for scanning all required documents into PACS for purpose of paperless workflow.
14. Maintains a clean and safe environment for patients/visitors and colleagues.
15. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles and Mission Statement into daily activities.
16. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
17. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
18. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
19. Demonstrates an understanding of job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
20. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to our Customer service standards.
21. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
22. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Education: Graduate of AMA approved Radiology Technology or MRI Program
Licensure, Certification, Registration: BLS; and ARRT; Maintains licensure and CEUs’ on an annual basis. If previously trained must obtain MRI registry within 12 months of employment, if cross training MRI certification exam must be taken within 18 months and completed within 24 months . The following licenses are approved to work as an MRI: AART(MR); ARMRIT; ARRT(CT); ARRT(R)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Candidate must be proficient in Cross Sectional Anatomy, the use of MRI Scanners/power injectors/venipuncture or in the absence of this skill the ability to be trained to a level of competency.
Candidate must be proficient in Magnet safety.
Experience: 1-2 years experience in a hospital setting preferred. Good working knowledge of PACS or in the absence of this skill the ability to be trained to a level of competency.