Learn more about working at Lahey Medical Center Peabody
Practice Manager, GIM Department, Peabody
Peabody, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Lahey Medical Center Peabody Category: Clinic Management Job ID: JR14227 Date posted: 03/09/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Location & Hours: Peabody, Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Director of Site Operations or the Practice Manager, is responsible for the day-to-day managerial and operational responsibilities of running a primary care site of multiple health care providers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Interviews and makes final selection of applicants for employment.
- Reviews work schedules for staff.
-Makes decisions about job performance ratings.
-Selects colleagues for transfer, promotion, and special training to ensure most effective utilization of individual skills and staff development.
-Supervises work performance of the staff to ensure adherence to established standards.
-Reviews work performance and makes decisions for pay increases, promotions, transfers and other human resource actions.
-Trains new staff in department policies and procedures.
-Orients colleagues that are new to area or new to the performance of specific tasks.
-Establishes work schedules and assigns staff to specified areas of the department.
-Counsels, disciplines and recommends discharge as necessary.
-Determines if retraining is necessary.
2) Implement and insure application of organizational and site policies and procedures. Monitors compliance to insure maximum.
enhancement of the revenue cycle process.
3) Identifies continuous quality improvement opportunities within the site. Implements and monitors changes for updates as necessary.
4) Communicate with DSO or Practice Manager on a regular basis to evaluate site operations.
5) Develop, establish and improve site-specific systems, procedures and policies to improve overall site efficiency.
6) Act as a liaison between support staff and providers.
7) Participate in the preparation of the annual budget and maintain expense controls adhering to budgetary guidelines.
8) Monitor and insure adherence to safety protocol and OSHA compliance.
9) Respond to patient complaints and handle difficult patients.
10) Monitors and addresses staffing issues to ensure appropriate coverage to support patient flow.
11) Develop and monitor provider weekly schedules, on-call schedules updating IDX Master Scheduling System as necessary.
12) Oversees all computer operations for the site. Acts as liaison to all departments as necessary to insure appropriate access and
use of systems and software necessary to run the Site. (i.e., IDX, Misys, aChart, Scan, Medaptus, Sunquest etc.)
13) Supports front office staff and provides coverage as needed in administrative or clinical areas (as defined by established policy
and protocol) provides back-up coverage during staff shortages, during crisis situations and for evaluation.
14) Conduct regular meetings with medical staff and support staff to insure consistent and timely flow of communication.
15) Maintain responsibility for petty cash; reconcile petty cash fund.
16) Calculate weekly timecards.
17) Coordinates maintenance, repair and cleaning of the Site. Monitors professional physical appearance of building and office.
18) Coordinate facility construction, remodeling, redecorating or moves in conjunction with the DSO or Practice Manager.
19) Control supply ordering/receiving and inventory for office. (Including clerical, medical, furniture and equipment needs within
20) Responsible for first level credentialing for providers (i.e., updating licensures, MSO information etc.).
21) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
22) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
23) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
24) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
25) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
26) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer
27) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
28) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
29) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: bachelor’s degree in health care, business management or related discipline or equivalent education and experience.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Site Managers who are also licensed nurses in the State of Massachusetts (Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse) must also maintain BLS certification through American Heart Association.
Skills Knowledge & Abilities:
Demonstrated management and/or supervisory skills, strong approach and commitment to cost containment and exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and direction.
Experience: Minimum 3 years progressively responsible management/supervisory experience in a medical office setting.