Learn more about working at Lahey Medical Center Peabody
Registered Nurse ED 36 Hours Nights (Peabody)
Peabody, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Lahey Medical Center Peabody Category: Nursing Job ID: JR21939 Date posted: 05/29/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Night (United States of America)Registered Nurse Emergency Department- 36 Hours Nights
Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is now offering up to $12,000 in signing bonuses for our nursing positions within our Emergency Department. Nurses must be licensed with at least one (1) year of emergency room nursing experience to be eligible for the signing bonus.
• Signing Bonuses are paid out in three payments. You will receive your first payment (one-third of the total amount) within the first 30 days of employment. You will receive the second payment at six (6) months and the third payment (the final third of the total amount) one year from your start date. All bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes.
• Full-time status at LHMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part-time status is 20 to 29 hours per week. Please note that per diem employees are not eligible for sign-on bonuses.
• Current and former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. BIDMC internal employees or employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus. Applicants employed by a BILH entity within the last 12 months are not eligible for sign-on bonuses.
• Please note that sign-on bonuses are subject to change based on the organization's hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/LHMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change sign-on bonus-eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
ED RN Registered Nurse
About the Job
Lahey believes that the nurse-patient relationship, continuity of care and personal accountability are central to the delivery of individualized high quality patient care.
Lahey opened a new spacious state-of-the-art Emergency Department which has:
- Over 45,000-square -foot ED with 44 Beds, a completely new entrances and a sun-filled reception area
- A convenient imaging suite, a pharmacy, a fast-track area and a behavioral health suite
- Private treatment rooms, a special family waiting area and a family consultation room
As the Lahey Emergency Department grows, we are seeking experienced and qualified nurses for our new ED. The experienced and highly skilled nurses in the ED provide care to patient that have been in accidents or have medical emergencies that need immediate attention. There is nothing our ED Nurse can’t do. We do a great job of taking care of really sick patients. Because of Lahey’s transplant service, cardiology service and cancer center, a lot of patients are already compromised. If these patients develop a stomach bug, it can represent a true emergency; the ED pulls a team together to make sure these patients are stable before they are admitted.
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center utilizes EPIC for computerized charting and medication administration.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN, BSN preferred
- At least 1 year of previous of Nursing experience in the Emergency Department strongly preferred
- At least 1 year of Nursing Experience in an acute or sub-acute setting required
- Current Massachusetts registered Nurse license required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification and ACLS required
- Demonstrate critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
- Lifting 75 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs
- Every third weekend commitment