Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
Certified Tumor Registrar (32/D)
Plymouth, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth Category: HIM Operations Job ID: JR36233 Date posted: 11/14/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)32hpw; 8a-4:30p M-F
- Manages all case finding, abstracting and recording of cancer data.
- Responsible for ensuring the collection and reporting of all cancer data to State of Massachusetts
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data, at all times.
- Assists with data requests, quality assurance and patient care evaluations.
- Abstracts diagnostic procedural and adjuvant treatment information from medical record, infusion and radiation therapy charts.
- Ensures quality and integrity of the database and departmental compliance with external regulations.
- Assigns diagnostic, histology, morphologic, SEER, AJCC and extent of Disease staging schemes.
- Maintains NCRA required educational credits for every 2 year cycle.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- Certification by National Cancer Registrars Association
- Three to five years tumor registry experience
- Minimum one year application of automated registry systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of ACOS Commission on Cancer requirements
- Ability to read, write and comprehend at 12th grade level
- Associates degree or higher
- Certified Tumor Registrar
This job requires frequent bending, carrying, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, stooping, walking and lifting over 10 lbs. There will be occasional need for climbing stairs, lifting in excess of 50 – 100 lbs and sitting. Constant use of hearing, sight and speech. Frequent use of smell and touch. Frequent keyboard and telephone use. Constant concentration and problem solving.