Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
COOK- Full Time
Plymouth, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth Category: Food / Dietary Services Job ID: JR41903 Date posted: 01/27/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)40hpw; Varied hours- 9:00am-5:30; 11am-7:30pm; 7:00am-3:30p; Rotating weekends and holidays
****Cook Positions $17.14-$29.99 per hour plus shift differentials; based on experience****
COME WORK AT PLYMOUTH'S LARGEST EMPLOYER AND BE A PART OF A GREAT COMMUNITY! EXCELLENT BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Only work every other weekend!
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Excellent Health/Dental/Vision benefits
- 403B with company match
- Basic Life Insurance provided at no cost
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work according to daily production sheets and prepares food supplies and equipment required.
- Following or modifying recipes on file, uses a variety of methods including broiling, boiling, grilling, baking, and frying to prepare food items.
- As necessary, prepares food items in advance to meet production schedule.
- Always produces a good quality product, utilizes creativity and know how in producing food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing.
- Performs light cleaning duties including work area, equipment or special areas assigned.
- Required to follow proper sanitation procedures in performing assigned duties.
- Always keeps waste and over production to a minimum and assists in determining the use of excess cooked food.
- Assist with Receiving Deliveries
- Monitor food stock levels, rotate label and date all food product
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of basic cooking techniques in preparation of sauces, gravies and recipe conversions usually acquired through 1-2 years of experience in quantity cooking. General knowledge of special diets required.
- Equivalent to a high school graduate in basic skill sets and additional training in quantity cooking preferred.
- Must be Serve Safe certified within 1 year of start date.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities