Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
Plymouth, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth Category: Food / Dietary Services Job ID: JR16502 Date posted: 03/28/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Per Diem based on department needs
****Cook Positions $17.14-$29.55 per hour plus shift differentials; based on experience****
COME WORK AT PLYMOUTH'S LARGEST EMPLOYER AND BE A PART OF A GREAT COMMUNITY! EXCELLENT BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Only work every other weekend!
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Excellent Health/Dental/Vision benefits
- 403B with company match
- Basic Life Insurance provided at no cost
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work according to daily production sheets and prepares food supplies and equipment required.
- Following or modifying recipes on file, uses a variety of methods including broiling, boiling, grilling, baking, and frying to prepare food items.
- As necessary, prepares food items in advance to meet production schedule.
- Always produces a good quality product, utilizes creativity and know how in producing food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing.
- Performs light cleaning duties including work area, equipment or special areas assigned.
- Required to follow proper sanitation procedures in performing assigned duties.
- Always keeps waste and over production to a minimum and assists in determining the use of excess cooked food.
- Assist with Receiving Deliveries
- Monitor food stock levels, rotate label and date all food product
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of basic cooking techniques in preparation of sauces, gravies and recipe conversions usually acquired through 1-2 years of experience in quantity cooking. General knowledge of special diets required.
- Equivalent to a high school graduate in basic skill sets and additional training in quantity cooking preferred.
- Must be Serve Safe certified within 1 year of start date.