Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
Emergency Department Technician (24/E)
Plymouth, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth Category: Technician Job ID: JR31780 Date posted: 11/17/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)24hpw; 3p-11:30p, rotating weekends and holidays
- Cleans, stocks, and readies the emergency department for care for patients.
- Transports patients within the department and to in-hospital locations as needed.
- Performs clinical functions, like EKG’s, suture set-up, assists in wound cleansing as ordered, utilizes sterile technique when necessary, obtains labs specimens: urine and serum, and other tasks as needed.
- Assists in EDMD and Orthopedist by applying splints, molds and immobilizers to injured extremities as ordered and sets up orthopedic clinic.
- Perform lab draws as required.
- Carries out tasks as directed by physicians, nurse director and ED nursing staff.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- Current Certified Nurse Assistant License, EMT License or graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required or current enrollment in a nursing program with at least 1 year of clinical rotations completed; or a minimum of 2 years current experience as an ED Tech.
- CPI required within 6 months of hire.
- Preference given to those who hold a Paramedic license
- High School Diploma or equivalency required
- CPR Certification
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities