Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE
Plymouth, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth Category: Patient Access Job ID: JR36387 Date posted: 11/16/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE
- Responsible for the accurate intake of patient demographics; obtaining reimbursable diagnosis/reason for service; verifying insurances for eligibility and obtaining of preauthorization of insurance provider as required.
- Obtain all necessary consents/signatures.
- Distribute to patients all required notifications/documents.
- Clear patient for co-pay and/or deductibles. Collect payment in accordance with credit and collection policy.
- Communicate with patient by phone in advance for pre-registration, in order to schedule the patient.
- Review with Asst. Director then PAC any problem prior to date of service.
- Perform mobile registration when necessary.
- Cross train to all registration/admitting areas as needed.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably berequired.
- HS Diploma
- Knowledge of medical terminology, problem-solving techniques, strong interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication skills, strong keyboarding and basic computer skills.
- Previous experience with hospital registration system and secretarial experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal supervision. Possesses good decision-making skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure, maintaining a helpful and courteous manner.
- Ability to type at 35 WPM.