Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
Plymouth, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth Category: Administrative & Clerical Job ID: JR43244 Date posted: 02/10/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Evening (United States of America)16 hours every other weekend; 1:00pm-7:00pm; Rotating holidays
- Provides high level of customer service by greeting and interacting with visitors and staff in a professional manner that is proactive, friendly and helpful.
- Conduct and obtain patient/visitor screening information per current protocol upon arrival providing instruction and any appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Leads and directs wayfinding process; this includes facilitating the escort of patients/visitors, transport access via wheelchair and providing accurate directions throughout the campus.
- Assist with other errands as needed included but not limited to (lab runs, deliveries, transporting patients to outpatient clinical areas, flower deliveries, putting packets together).
- Dispatches Volunteers on errands, escorts and other support assignments
- Dispatches Patient Transporters via TDSS as needed.
- Assist in Patient Ambassador activities and office management.
- Ensures public lobbies maintain standards for cleanliness and appearance are met at all times. Will contact the appropriate department to address lobby cleanliness concerns.
- Provide coverage for Urann and Pavilion information desks.
- Answer telephone, prioritize calls and consult with appropriate parties to find resolution.
- Able to problem solve situations.
- Able to utilize appropriate computer systems to effectively accomplish assigned duties and tasks.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
- Computer literate; MS Word and Outlook required, MS Excel preferred.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High school graduate, ability to read and write English at 12th grade level. Business and Human Relations courses a plus, as well as excellent communication skills.
This job requires frequent bending, carrying, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, stooping, walking and lifting over 10 lbs. There will be occasional need for climbing stairs, lifting in excess of 50 – 100 lbs and sitting. Constant use of hearing, sight and speech. Frequent use of smell and touch. Frequent keyboard and telephone use. Constant concentration and problem solving.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities