Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
Plymouth, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth Category: Grants Job ID: JR43776 Date posted: 02/12/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)40hpw; Day Shift; Monday- Friday
The Project Manager assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of various projects. Responsible for the coordinating and facilitating projects and performance improvement teams Supports the development of performance metrics and project plans used by teams and departments specifically associated with chartered projects and ad-hoc work as assigned by Director. Assists in the ongoing communication of projects and improvement events via presentations and performance metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages and oversees all aspects of a project to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget
2. Has overall responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverable
3. Provides facilitation, consultation and project management to support organizational goals and initiatives.
4. Utilizes performance improvement methodologies, with an emphasis on Lean, in designing and implementing performance improvement initiatives.
5. Provides analytic support including the development of critical performance metrics linked to projects and performance improvement initiatives along with analysis of data to determine the effectiveness of project.
6. Provides implementation support to various project leader and teams
7. Prepares performance improvement progress reports for team leaders and Senior Leadership.
8. Identifies and implements effective change management strategies to assure successful implementation of projects and improvement plans.
9. Collaborates with other departments.
10. Assists in special projects as designated by Director.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
1. Requires 2 to 4 years of related experience
2. Proficient in Project Management and performance improvement methodologies
3. Experience in performance improvement methodologies: Lean, process design/re-engineering and other methodologies
4. Proficiency in data analytics such as statistical process control
5. Knowledgeable in change management dynamics and interventions
6. Knowledgeable in communication strategies linked to performance improvement initiatives
7. Demonstrates effective adherence to the organization’s Core Values.
1. Bachelors degree required in management, engineering or clinical field
2. Certification preferred in Lean and/or Six Sigma.
This job requires frequent bending, carrying, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, stooping, walking and lifting over 10 lbs. There will be occasional need for climbing stairs, lifting in excess of 50 – 100 lbs and sitting. Constant use of hearing, sight and speech. Frequent use of smell and touch. Frequent keyboard and telephone use. Constant concentration and problem solving.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities