Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
RN, Per Diem - PACU
Plymouth, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth Category: Nursing Job ID: JR44113 Date posted: 02/12/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Varied hours based on department needs
- Assesses physical, mental, psychological and spiritual status of patient using age-appropriate knowledge.
- Plans, evaluates and supervises care of all patients assigned.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with preoperative and postoperative patients and family members.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to patients, friends and families.
- Promotes patient knowledge and independence by identifying expectations and establishing patient care goals. Educates patient, friends and family to promote understanding of their condition, surgical procedure, and medications using the teachback method.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to peri-operative and peri-anesthesia standards, measuring health outcomes against patient care goals, following hospital policies, the state nurse practice act and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection prevention policies and standards, medication reconciliation and administration procedures and all controlled substance regulations.
- Accurately completes and documents assessments, medication reconciliation, home medication list and patient care in ORM, PCS and eMAR.
- Ensures that preoperative testing requirements are met – lab work, xray and medical/cardiac clearance.
- Communicates/investigates the presence of all implanted electronic devices, and obtains primary source verification for perioperative management.
- Accurately, completes preoperative antibiotic medication orders using Order Management for designated population.
- Ensures that all preoperative records/results are reviewed and communicated to the attending MD, surgeon and/or anesthesia as needed.
- Communicates effectively using SBAR for the handoff report, when transferring care to another healthcare provider.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through formal and informal educational programs and incorporates into professional practice.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information.
- Models the Core Values – Integrity, Trust, Respect, Teamwork and Excellence.
- Assumes call coverage within 30 minutes travel time from hospital.
- Current Massachusetts RN license
- 1-2 years recent PACU experience required
- Experience working with patients on drips and ventilators
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS certification required
- Demonstrated ability to float to PAT and Pain Clinic with competencies completed.
As with all job assignments, staff may be floated to areas where they are needed.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities