Learn more about working at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
Unit Coordinator- Float (36/D/E)
Plymouth, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth Category: Nursing Operations Job ID: JR41979 Date posted: 02/10/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)36hpw; 7a-7:30p, rotating weekends and holidays
Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager, performs a variety of clerical/receptionist duties utilizing specific knowledge of medical terminology and hospital procedures to support the efficient operation of the unit, staff, physicians, patients and their families. Duties include but are not limited to: maintenance of the medical records located on the Nursing Unit, answering phones, visitor assistance, specimen delivery, & mail distribution.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- Current knowledge of Medical Terminology - Must have taken and successfully completed a Medical Terminology Course within the past 2 years (or be able to pass a medical terminology competency equivalent to final exam of medical terminology course at time of interview).
- Must demonstrate ability to perform variety of clerical duties.
- Must be able to transcribe information & medication orders intoMeditechsystem accurately. PreviousMeditechexperience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well in stressful situations.
- Graduate of medical assistant/secretary program with 6-12 months experience preferred.
- Previous Unit Coordinator experience is preferred.
- Must have current Notary or obtained within 30 days.
As with all job assignments, staff may be floated to areas where they are needed.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities