Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Reading, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home Category: Nursing Job ID: JR39690 Date posted: 12/20/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Night (United States of America)
What You’ll Do:
The Hospice LPN performs professional nursing care, functions as a member of the hospice team and provides input into the assessment, planning, and evaluation of nursing services. Under the direction and supervision of the Hospice RN Case Manager, the Hospice LPN is accountable for the quality of nursing care he or she provides and assumes responsibility for the provision of nursing care in accordance with the established plan of care for assigned patients.
- Perform nursing visits to patients as assigned by the Hospice RN Case Manager/Hospice Clinical Manager.
- Provide hospice nursing care to patients and families utilizing current principles of palliative care and symptom management to produce hospice outcomes as directed by the RN.
- Observe, record, and report significant changes in the patient’s healthcare status to the MD and Hospice RN Case Manager.
- Participate in the health teaching required by the patient and family.
- Respect and support patient and family’s cultural beliefs and values, individual needs, health goals and treatment preferences.
- Effectively communicate with patients, caregivers, and members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team incorporating interpersonal and therapeutic communication skills.
- Attend regular IDT meetings.
- Practice confidentiality principles set by the agency and federal HIPAA guidelines.
What You’ll Need:
- An active valid Massachusetts LPN license;
- Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program accredited by the National League of Nursing (NLNAC);
- An active American Health Association BLS certification;
- 2+ years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse in an acute care, rehab or home care setting; 1+ year of hospice experience preferred.
What You’ll Get:
- A highly competitive pay rate & benefits package, including generous PTO, 403(b), and tuition reimbursement
- A sign-on bonus of up to $5,000 (conditions apply)
- A reasonable geographic territory with strong clinical support resources
- A highly inclusive, diverse team that values the input of all staff to provide excellent patient care
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities