Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Clinician, Jail Diversion Program
Salem, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services Category: Behavioral Health Job ID: JR43963 Date posted: 02/09/2024
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
Sign on bonus up to $3000 (pro-rated for part time)
Day 1 Benefits & New Rates!
- Location: Individual will be supporting the Salem, Danvers, and Topsfield Police Departments.
The Jail Diversion Program is a collaborative partnership between police officers and behavioral health professionals. We are seeking a Clinician who will be embedded within the police department. This role will focus on creating alternatives to arrest and jail detention for individuals who come in contact with the police and could benefit from mental health and substance use treatment. Clinicians will conduct brief assessments to determine appropriate dispositions for services which may include: arrests, diversion from arrest, or a combination of criminal justice/behavioral health treatment involvement. Clinicians will also provide mental health training for police officers to support them in mental and behavioral health crises. The ideal candidate is flexible, organized and a team player.
- Provide crisis intervention and assessment to individuals who have come to the attention of the police.
- Work in collaboration with police to ensure that persons with behavioral health needs are appropriately diverted from the criminal justice system, and referred for appropriate behavioral health services.
- Provide face to face or telephonic follow-up with persons served when clinically indicated.
- Establish and maintain regularly scheduled and as needed contact with the Court Clinicians and Probation officers to optimize appropriate dispositions and outcomes.
- Provide and/or coordinate, training to police personnel regarding mental illness, substance use, trauma spectrum disorders, and other behavioral health topics as identified as needed.
- Compile and submit monthly statistics in accordance with DMH reporting requirements.
- Increase community awareness regarding jail diversion initiatives and participate as a member of the Police Community Collaboration forum.
- Attend all regularly scheduled meetings with DMH, police, and agency as required.
- Act as primary liaison between community providers including the our Emergency Services Program and Police Department.
- Act as primary Behavioral Health liaison for the On Point Program for court involved youth.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or a related field.
- License eligible required
Schedule: Full Time- 40-Hrs, Monday-Friday
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities