Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Front Desk Representative
Salem, MassachusettsJob ID: JR4431 Date posted: 11/22/2022 Category: Administrative / Executive Assistants Organization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Front Desk Representative
The Salem Clinic is part of the Ambulatory Division with Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services (BILHBS) which consists of several Community Behavioral Health Clinics that serve a diverse clientele in a variety of office-based and outreach-based settings. Our outpatient clinics aim to support children, adolescents, adults, families & couples with mental health and substance use disorders through counseling and therapy sessions and other group programming activities. Services include an addiction day treatment program, driver alcohol education & repeat offender programs, court evaluations, medication clinics and more.
The Front Desk Representative position is a unique opportunity for a customer service focused individual who wants to make a difference in the behavioral health field by ensuring seamless access to services and acting as the first impression of the organization.
The Front Desk Representative's Responsibilities Are:
- Greets, registers, updates demographic information, verifies insurance eligibility & collects copays from patients.
- Answers telephones, screens and directs calls, and/or takes and relays messages.
- Receives & distributes mail, faxes, packages and any other correspondence.
- Responds to inquiries and communicates agency and program information to interested parties.
- Monitors visitor access, waiting area and maintains security awareness.
- Books appointments and facilitates scheduling changes and cancellations.
- Monitors office supplies and prepares orders for approval.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a related field is preferred.
- Experience with Excel, Word, and electronic health records preferred.
Full time, 40 hours, Monday - Friday (business hours)