Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Food Service Worker
Tewksbury, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services Category: Food / Dietary Services Job ID: JR22392 Date posted: 05/22/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Rotating (United States of America)Food Service Worker - Tewksbury
The Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking a wide variety of food for clients, employees and visitors. He/she prepares food according to recipes and plans cooking schedules to meet mealtime schedules.
1. Plans and/or follows a weekly menu consisting of well-balanced nutritious meals that meet USDA requirements ensuring proper taste and temperature.
2. Prepares appetizing, healthy, well-balanced meals and snacks; meeting all meal schedules.
3. Transports food from Transitions to TTC ensuring quality and
4. Inspects all food for quality and quantity prior to serving.
5. Prepares meals for special events and Holidays.
6. Takes necessary measures to avoid food waste.
7. Responsible for set up and clean-up of food production; adheres to kitchen cleanliness and sanitary guidelines as directed by the local board of health.
8. Responsible for opening and closing kitchen and ensuring the food is properly stored.
9. In collaboration with the Program Director, orders and maintains supplies.
10. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with food suppliers.
11. Meets with direct supervisor for regular supervision meetings and comes prepared to meeting.
High School diploma or GED with a minimum of three years relevant work experience. Must have documented evidence of training in such related areas as nutrition/menu planning in an institutional setting. Provision of any health documentation that might be required by regulatory agencies (Serve Safe certification, Allergy Awareness certification etc.).
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting.
Full Time 40 hours - Days