Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Wakefield, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network Category: Clinical Data Job ID: JR25104 Date posted: 06/28/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)The Performance Liaison, Government Payors will be responsible for performance management within the government payors (Medicaid and Medicare) domain. Responsibilities include conducting analyses across the network and specific risk units to understand impact and opportunities, developing materials for suggested action plans backed by data, appropriately articulating and presenting opportunities to key stakeholders, collaborate with analytical teams with reporting needs, and being the point of contact for data review and performance goals for government payor contracts. This will involve high levels of collaboration, integration, and communication across the Performance Network.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Conduct analyses across the network and specific risk units to understand impact and opportunities within government payor contracts by utilizing existing reports, leveraging available data within our population health management platform, collaborating with analytics teams on reporting/data needs. Analyses could be for opportunity within a specific region or on a specific program/intervention. Regional insights to be conducted on a regular cadence throughout the year.
- Develop materials for suggested action plans backed by data that are targeted to the applicable audience and provide insight into how those areas integrate into larger network themes or opportunities
- Lead government payor performance meetings by preparing materials, presenting insights, identifying barriers, and facilitating discussion to support performance goals
- Communicate and collaborate around opportunities with key stakeholders. Present materials in a distilled and compelling manner that leads to action.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize a standard insight template that provides specific opportunity areas and action items per region.
- Perform deep dive analyses on drivers and areas of opportunity in order to inform proactive approaches for improved performance.
- Troubleshoot and support any data related issues within our population health management application or within team reports.
- Train colleagues and key stakeholders on how to access data, read reports, and address performance relative to government payor contracts.
- Recommends new target areas or course corrections based upon analyses and assessment of data to meet goals.
- Build and maintain working relationships with internal teams, practice operations, and provider community to foster collaboration and partnership in driving meaningful change on government contracts.
- Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy. Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
- Comply with all Lahey Health Policies. Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health. Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities. Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Management, Administration, Public Health, Business Administration, or other related functional area is required or a combination of equivalent education, experience, and certification.
Licensure, Certification & Registration: N/A
Experience: Minimum three years of performance management or analytics experience in a healthcare setting required. · Strong organizational skills · Strong interpersonal skills · Ability to develop refined presentations and suggestions backed by data · Self-starter · Ability to work with data analysts and communicate needs · Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal · Risk adjustment/clinical documentation improvement knowledge preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, population health management software (preferred)