Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Team Nurse -RN or LPN
Watertown, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health Primary Care Category: Nursing Job ID: JR28060 Date posted: 08/18/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)1. Coordinate and facilitate quality clinical management of a broad based outpatient population across the continuum of care. Collaborates with providers to identify needs for preventive care, evidence-based chronic disease management and care coordination. Provides general and specific healthcare education. Works directly with patients to identify and monitor self-management goals.
6. Collaborates care with community based providers. Follows up on ED visits and inpatient discharges. Assists providers with exams, treatments and procedures as needed.
7. Provides skilled telephonic triage and assessment, education, collaboration and coordination of healthcare and community resources. Performs a direct patient care role. Nursing visits include : Annual Wellness Visits (AWVs) and Chronic Care Management (CCM) of our patients.
8. Responsible for INR management and teaching for those patients on Coumadin using a standardized protocol.
9. Administers vaccines and medications by parenteral, oral, rectal or nasal route by orders of the prescribing provider and by the Medication Administration policy guidelines established. Provides patient education as appropriate for the administered medication.
10. Performs a wide range of nursing activities as needed under the direction of the provider such as wound care, point of care testing etc. Accurately documents all aspects of patient care in the Electronic Health Record in a timely basis. Schedules tests and referrals for specialty care on order of provider.
11. Monitors and ensures follow up of all abnormal test and imaging results under the direction of the provider.
12. Oversees the inventory and ordering management of clinical supplies and equipment as necessary. Ensures safe, accurate and clinically appropriate collection, storage and processing of all biologic specimens.
13. Provides oversight, delegation and acts as a resource to unlicensed staff including MAs, Certified Nursing Assistants and Nursing Students. Provides on-going education and training to practice staff. Updates clinical knowledge and skills though consultation, review of literature and formal and informal education including CEUs. Maintains compliance with organizational mandatory annual training.
14. The Team Nurse will ensure that PHI (Patient Health Information) will only be used for the purposes of patient TPO (treatment, payment and operations). The Team Nurse will ensure patient safety practices to prevent/eliminate risk of patient harm. Adverse patient events and near misses will be promptly reported to the Risk Management Dept.
Job Description:REGISTERED NURSE,MPS_MAH