Learn more about working at Winchester Hospital
Customer Service Rep (Switchboard Operator) 40hrs - Days
Winchester, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Winchester Hospital Category: Customer Service Job ID: JR9927 Date posted: 03/10/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Responsible for representing Winchester Hospital, satellite facilities, and The Physicians Answering Service customers to the public, patients, and internally in a busy environment.
*High School Diploma or equivalent
*Must be able to type a minimum of 30 words per minute
*Previous customer and answering service
*Experience in a busy inbound call center
*Excellent communication skills
*Excellent interpersonal skills
*Ability to interact with various levels of management
1. Commits to making every encounter with our patients, patient's family, co-workers, physicians and other customers the best that it can be.
2. Operates PC Windows-based computer and related equipment by answering and completing external and internal calls.
3. Monitors medical and non-medical emergency alarm system. Processes various emergency codes and unique dispatch processes based on hospital site involving critical care emergencies.
4. Responsible for learning the unique protocols of staff with regard to answering service coverage. Pages, messages, and coordinates the information flow to on-call staff from critical patient care callers in a timely manner.
5. Continually updates answering service staff changes. Documents complaint and incident calls for coordinator.
6. Performs overhead paging to locate physicians and announce emergency code response plans in a timely manner that does not impact patient care.
7. Answers and provides directional assistance for patients, visitors, and staff.
8. Maintains familiarity with a variety of disaster recovery plans in the event of equipment and/or system failures.
Benefits Begin On Your First Day of Employment!
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Paid Time Off: 28 Days a year for a Full-Time employee for vacation, days off, sick days, holidays etc.
Retirement Savings Plan (403B)
Child Care Center for Employees
Long Term Disability Leave
And many more!