Learn more about working at Winchester Hospital
Massage Therapist, Per Diem
Winchester, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Winchester Hospital Category: Therapy & Rehabilitation Job ID: JR11322 Date posted: 03/17/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Contributes to the Hospital’s mission to care, to heal, and to excel in service to our community. This professional staff position will have an impact on improving patient satisfaction by providing the best possible massage therapy sessions to individuals to meet their needs.
Required: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and Massage Therapy Certificate
Experience: Required: At least one year in pregnancy massage and/or massage for cancer patients; Swedish, deep tissue/trigger point massage and sports massage experience necessary.
Reflexology, myofascial, craniosacral therapy and/or Reiki experience
Required: For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team
G. LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
Required: Massachusetts Massage Therapy License
Preferred: National Certification Board for Therapeutic and Bodywork (NCTMB)
As part of the Center for Healthy Living team, the Massage Therapist:
- Assesses individuals for massage
- Solicits information from the client that will be helpful in developing the most favorable outcomes for the use of the therapy.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of relaxation and other specific techniques.
- Provides massage according to the required standards.
- Completes all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintains equipment by cleaning therapy tables and reporting any damaged equipment to supervisor.
- Maintains supply inventory by monitoring supply levels, ordering and stocking new supplies.
- Documents patient visit in EPIC