Learn more about working at Winchester Hospital
Pharmacy Technician Trainee, 40hrs
Winchester, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Winchester Hospital Category: Pharmacy Job ID: JR15030 Date posted: 03/09/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)The Pharmacy Technician Trainee (PTT) is responsible for providing technical support under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in the pharmacy. Responsibilities include preparation, distribution and storage of medications. Works with computerized and automated systems for dispensing and preparing medications. Responsible for developing and promoting collaborative and collegial relationships with nurses, physicians and interdepartmental personnel.
1. Fills and transcribes physician orders and labels medications, inpatient and outpatient, that are subsequently reviewed and verified by a pharmacist. (essential)
2. Replenishes and stocks all drug products and supplies in pharmacy work areas. (essential)
3. Responsible for receiving and putting away orders from the vendors including filling the carousel or stationary shelving for Schedule III through VI medications. (essential)
4. Performs stocking and expiration checking in automated dispensing machines for schedule III though VI medications using barcode scanning. (essential)
5. Performs simple non-sterile compounding and medication repackaging under the direction of a registered pharmacist.
6. Responsible for delivering schedule III through VI medications to patient care areas in a timely manner. (essential)
7. Responsible for compounding sterile schedule III through VI medications under the supervision of a pharmacist.
8. Completes didactic training in a timely manner. (essential)
9. Assists in administrative functions of the department under guidance of a registered pharmacist.
1. High School diploma or GED Required.
2. Pharmacy Technician Trainee License
Condition of Employment:
1. As required by 247 CMR 8.03 (5) – Pharmacy Technician trainees must submit and receive pharmacy technician license after completing 500 hours but before 1500 hours or 1 year of service (whichever comes first).
1. Experience in fast paced environment
2. Experience in healthcare or Retail Pharmacy preferred. Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of professionals (physicians, nurses, administration, etc.)
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: N/A
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
2. Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
3. Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
4. Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
5. Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
6. Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
7. Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
8. Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.