Learn more about working at Winchester Hospital
Winchester, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Winchester Hospital Category: Diagnostic Imaging Job ID: JR15048 Date posted: 03/16/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Rotating (United States of America)Contributes to the Hospital’s mission to care, heal and to excel in service to our community by independently performing radiographic examinations in accordance to department protocols and ACR imaging standards and maintaining safety standards, using state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, PACS, and other related medical imaging equipment This professional technologist position will have an impact on quality, safety and the patient experience.
- Greets, escorts, assesses, educates and identifies patients making the patients feel welcomed and comfortable and fulfilling all safety and quality checks, including verifying exam orders.
- Performs exams utilizing ALARA standards (As Low as Reasonably Acceptable).
- Completes diagnostic imaging examinations following established exam protocols established by Radiologists.
- Enters examinations correctly, ensuring accurate and informative documentation and appropriate charges are entered.
- Electronically sends and stores images and data appropriately in PACS.
- Maintains all department records and logs to monitor quality and safety in accordance with departmental policies.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment presenting the best possible impression of facilities and fostering our culture of safety.
- Responds to supply and equipment issues timely to ensure optimum operations and equipment quality and long-term equipment maintenance and life.
- Transports and provides ambulatory assistance to patients as necessary.
- Educates and informs patients and family members throughout the patients’ experience.
- Communicates effectively with the healthcare team utilizing established handoff procedures.
- Gives and accepts respectful feedback to enhance teamwork.
- Minimizes preventable harm events and consistently executes the infection control protocols. Incorporates the Culture of Safety tools in daily practice, adhering to quality and safety guidelines and communicating near-miss or potential risks.
- Coordinates work schedule with departmental supervisor to maintain adequate staffing levels to meet our patients’ and physicians’ needs.
Required: Completed accredited Radiology Technology Program and be registry eligible
Preferred: Associates Degree in a Radiology Technology
Preferred: At least one year
Required: For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
- Massachusetts Radiologic Technologist license and registry eligible for ARRT.
- Must be obtained ARRT within 12 months of hire.
- Basic Life Support