Learn more about working at Winchester Hospital
Respiratory Therapist - Part Time Nights
Winchester, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Winchester Hospital Category: Respiratory Care Job ID: JR22593 Date posted: 05/24/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Night (United States of America)Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by delivering respiratory services as part of the multidisciplinary clinical team, This clinical staff position will have an impact on improving quality and safety and patient satisfaction by providing accurate and thorough respiratory services to the patients at every encounter.
- Provides respiratory care to assigned patients by conducting a physical assessment which includes vital signs, breath sounds and general appearance.
- Delivers respiratory medications to the patient as prescribed by physician orders.
- Responds to medical emergencies such as “Code 99” and rapid response team calls.
- Initiates non-invasive and invasive mechanical ventilation on patients with the intent to support the patient through their acute illness with the goal to slowly remove the patients from the supportive devise.
- Conducts arterial blood gases by drawing blood on the patient, analyzes the results and making recommendations to appropriate clinician.
- Documents patient assessment, treatments and interaction in the electronic medical records system.
- Assists with airway management such as suctioning, chest physical therapy and intubating, and extubating patients.
- Assists limited permit staff with duties that require a licensure. Provides guidance, direction and co-signatures as appropriate.
- Cleans, sets up and performs safety checks for all applicable respiratory equipment; when appropriate coordinates with Central Sterile Management to do so. Maintains a clean and safe work environment to enhance patient satisfaction and a culture of safety. Responds to supply/equipment issues in a timely manner to ensure availability of equipment and to maximize its useful life.
Required: Associates of Science degree in Respiratory Care
Preferred: Six months experience as a Respiratory Therapist in an acute care setting
Required: For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors, and fellow members of the hospital team
- Basic computer skills
- Acute Care Respiratory experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid State of Massachusetts Registered Therapist License
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credential
- Basic Life Support