Learn more about working at Winchester Hospital
RN, Endoscopy - 30 hours
Winchester, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Winchester Hospital Category: Nursing Job ID: JR30095 Date posted: 08/31/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, provides direct patient care in accordance with Winchester Hospital's policies and procedures and the scope of practice for Registered Nurses in Massachusetts. Completes assessments, performs treatments, administers appropriate drug therapies, observes patient’s progress, records responses/reactions to interventions, and evaluates therapies for clinical outcomes and effectiveness. Works collaboratively with the patient, the patient’s family/significant others, and all members of the health care team to achieve the expected outcomes.
1. Exemplifies Winchester Hospital’s values and PROMISE behaviors. Commits to making every encounter with our patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers the best that it can be.
2. Complies with all Winchester Hospital policies and the Code of Business Conduct. As required, maintains current license, life support certification, and tuberculosis testing. Takes responsibility for own safety as well as the safety of patients, patients’ family, co-workers, physicians and other customers.
3. Utilizes the nursing process to provide patient care:
a. Assesses the patient using methods such as observation, interview, and review of clinical data.
b. Develops individualized plan of care including discharge plan based on assessment and in conjunction with physician orders to achieve desired outcomes. Evaluates and changes care plan as appropriate.
c. Implements plan of care.
d. Directs licensed and unlicensed personnel to implement plan of care.
e. Utilizes the results of evidence-based research to improve clinical outcomes.
4. Administers medications and performs treatments as ordered.
5. Provides patient/family education to affect desired clinical outcomes.
6. Observes and/or makes periodic rounds on assigned patients independently, with physicians, and other members of the health care team.
7. Reports pertinent patient assessment data, plan of care and response to all appropriate members of the health care team.
8. Documents nursing process and other pertinent patient/family information completely and accurately.
9. Participates in interdisciplinary patient care conferences. Communicates with other health care team members to resolve operational problems, patient satisfaction and clinical initiatives.
10. Completes competency for preceptor and/or charge nurse role at the direction/discretion of the nurse manager.
11. Completes competencies for unit specific responsibilities.
12. Takes on-call as needed.
13. Participates in the following:
a. Mandatory training requirements as per unit/hospital policies
b. Continuing education/inservices to enhance knowledge
c. Staff meetings
d. Performance improvement initiatives
e. Orientation of new staff, students and/or volunteers
f. Participation in community activities is encouraged.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Graduate of a state approved and/or accredited RN program required
• BSN or obtain BSN within 5 years of hire required
• BSN upon hire preferred
• Work experience in unit specific specialty preferred.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Massachusetts Registered Nurse License.
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: All registered nurses need Basic Life Support certification. Some departments required additional life support certification:
A4 nurses also require Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Labor & Delivery, Mother/Baby Unit and Special Care Nursery nurses also require Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
Maternal Child Health Float Pool require NRP and if float onto A4, PALS is required.
A1, ICU, Radiology, Ambulatory Care Unit, Cardiac Rehab, Cardiology, Endoscopy, Pain Center, and Med/Surg Float Pool nurses also require Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Emergency Department, Walk in Urgent Care, Urgent Care Woburn, and Post Anesthesia Care (PACU) Unit nurses also require both ACLS and PALS.