Learn more about working at Winchester Hospital
Security Officer, Per Diem
Winchester, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Winchester Hospital Category: Security Job ID: JR14836 Date posted: 03/23/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
- Education/Experience Required: High school diploma or equivalent At least one year of security experience or one year successful completion toward a degree in Criminal Justice or Certified Healthcare Security Officer.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS
Required: Current Class D Drivers License Crisis Prevention Intervention Certificate (Employees must be certified within 1 year of hire date. Employees must receive yearly re-certification).
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION
Required: BLS or Heart Saver
· Performs one to one and close observation of patients in a safe and professional manner in collaboration with Patient Care Services.
· Conducts interior and exterior patrols to inspect the grounds for criminal activity, and health and safety hazards.
· Provides one to one patient observation for at risk patients throughout the organization to keep the patient and others safe.
· Records and reports security and safety related incidents.
· Provides safety escorts upon request.
· Enforces parking regulations and assists with traffic control.
· Investigates lost or stolen items.
· Investigates alarms and emergency calls immediately.
· Reacts to emergency codes expediently to follow through on the situation until parties are safe or the situation is resolved.
· Responds to customer service requests in a timely manner with an emphasis on improving
the patient experience.
· Supports shuttle services in daily duties, inclement weather and emergency situations by driving employees as needed.
· Transports bodies and body parts to the morgue, filing essential documentation timely and accurately.