Learn more about working at Winchester Hospital
Support Associate - Housekeeping--16hrs, Days
Winchester, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Winchester Hospital Category: Environmental Services Job ID: JR20177 Date posted: 05/11/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Contributes to the Hospital’s mission to care, to heal, and to excel in service to our community by cleaning clinical units, which include patient rooms and all other areas of the hospital. This staff position will have an impact on patient and family members’ satisfaction as the cleanliness of clinical areas directly impacts people’s perception of the hospital and thoroughly cleaning surfaces is a key step toward infection control and prevention.
Preferred: High school diploma or G.E.D.
Preferred: Customer service experience
- For safety and quality reasons, must be able to effectively communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors, and fellow members of the hospital team.
- Cleans clinical areas which include, patient rooms, medication and storage areas, hallways and staff areas, waiting areas, utility rooms and restrooms
- Initiates the seven step cleaning process when cleaning which includes trash/recycling, high dusting, damp wiping, cleaning restrooms, dust mopping, damp mopping, bed making and final room inspection.
- Restocks paper products, trash bags and soap supplies throughout patient and public areas.
- Introduces oneself personably to patients and family members when entering a room and explains the purpose of the visit. Represents the hospital professionally by wearing a visible name tag and neat uniform. Is respectful of the patient’s privacy and personal items.
- Assists with distributing food trays to patients by following appropriate procedures.
- Updates the bed tracking system, using the pager system to expedite the cleaning of patient rooms upon discharge, transfer, or as necessary to help maximize patient throughput and minimize patient wait times.
- Communicates with the Service Response Center on a regular basis to accept and close out tasks.
- Maintains a clutter-free environment by removal/disposal of soiled linen.
- Assists in emergency situations throughout patient areas following department specific requirements.
- Monitors and replaces regulated medical waste (red bags/sharps) in patient areas using infectious control procedures.
- Remove curtains, launder and rehang as needed.