Learn more about working at Winchester Hospital
Teacher-Winchester Hospital Day Care Center-40hrs--Mon-Fri
Winchester, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Winchester Hospital Category: Behavioral Health Job ID: JR16155 Date posted: 03/16/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by planning and implementing safe and developmental classroom curriculum for the children of the Winchester Hospital Child Care Center. Has an impact on parents' satisfaction by creating a nurturing environment for their children.
There is a $1,500 Sign-On Bonus for this position!
Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Prior experience working in a licensed childcare facility
- Experience in a full day program.
- Experience in a National Association Education Young Children (NAEYC) accredited center.
- Must be at least 21 years old and meet the requirements of the Department of Early Education and Care within one month of hire
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Able to build positive relationships with children, their parents, and staff
- Excellent organizational skills
- Within the first 60 days of employment, must obtain:
- Child Abuse Prevention Training
- Blood Born Pathogen Training
- Sexual Harassment Training
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: First Aid and CPR certified
- Keeps the safety of the children as a first priority.
- Emphasizes the emotional well-being of the children, families and staff
- Continually monitors the children and environment
- Executes infection control protocols.
- Follows allergy cautions
- Provides for the care of children in a warm, supportive and engaging environment.
- Fosters an atmosphere that is family-friendly, age appropriate, and inclusive.
- Acts as a role model for the children and family members
- Uses positive and constructive methods of behavior management.
- Designs age-appropriate classroom space and learning stations.
- Prepares the classroom for intended curricula
- Monitors and requests supplies and materials
- Plans and implements a well-balanced curriculum of specific, planned learning experiences that support their social, emotional, physical, cognitive and language development.
- Provides for development, interest and temperaments of individual children
- Incorporates culturally sensitive elements to the curricula.
- Recognizes and adjusts for learning and other disabilities without excluding children from the group
- Partners with parents, keeping them updated about their children’s development and issues. Works together to achieve children’s developmental goals.
- Is sensitive to the diverse needs of each family.
- Writes periodic assessments of each child and shares with family members.
- Educates parents and children on Center policies, practices and expectations.
- Communicates effectively with the child development team
- Fosters a culture of continuous learning and improvement and quality.
- Immediately addresses concerns about safety and interactions with children to fellow staff members
Benefits Begin On Your First Day of Employment!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off: 28 Days a year for a Full-Time employee for vacation, days off, sick days, holidays etc.
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (403B)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Child Care Center for Employees
- Commuter Programs
- Credit Union
- Long Term Disability Leave
- And many more!