Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Home Health Referral Coordinator
Woburn, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home Category: Patient Access Job ID: JR19591 Date posted: 05/22/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job Type:Per Diem
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
What You’ll Do:
The Homecare Referrals Coordinator is responsible for the smooth transition of the patient into the home health environment. Receives and coordinates referrals to BILH at Home from affiliated and outside physicians, hospitals, facilities and other community referral sources.
- Elicit and gather accurate and pertinent information regarding the patient’s medical, psycho-social and environmental condition to accurately identify critical information needed to initiate the plan of care.
- Possess a working knowledge of the skills and service provided by each member of the multidisciplinary team and the ability to relate these to identified patient needs.
- Prioritize referrals based on patient’s home care and hospice needs.
- Understand and integrate relevant home care and hospice standards, regulations and practices to make decisions regarding appropriateness for care.
- Accept and document verbal orders related to the initiation of services. Input initial information into the computer to begin the admission process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care environment and work with the Business Office to identify and verify patient’s insurance.
- Forward all referral information to the appropriate team for timely initiation of services.
- Use information technologies including E-Discharge, E-mail, and Epic EMR to process and track referrals and communicate with team members.
- Develop positive relationships for new and existing referral sources, including physician offices, hospitals and rehab facilities. Collaborate with BILH at Home liaisons in outreach efforts.
- Act as a resource to referrers, staff, families, and patients to develop solutions for excellent patient care.
What You’ll Need:
- An active valid Massachusetts RN license;
- Graduate from a Registered Nursing program accredited by the National League of Nursing (NLNAC); BSN preferred.
- An active American Health Association BLS certification;
- 1-2 years’ experience in Home Health Care preferred.
What You’ll Get:
- A highly competitive pay rate & benefits package, including generous PTO, 403(b), and tuition reimbursement program.
- A highly inclusive, diverse team that values the input of all staff to provide excellent patient care