Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Home Health RN
Woburn, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home Category: Nursing Job ID: JR34381 Date posted: 10/30/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities in accordance with home care regulations and payer guidelines.
Assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload including but not limited to:
1. Appropriate delegation to LPN staff, patient condition change visits, and completion of OASIS time points. Accepts accountability for patient satisfaction scores and quality of care outcome measure results.
2. Completes and documents an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).Develops a patient specific plan of care, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
3. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
4. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
5. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
6. Respects and supports patient and family’s cultural beliefs and values, individual needs, health goals and treatment preferences.
7. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
8. Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided every two (2) weeks.
9. Manages episode of care in accordance with evolving nursing care needs and continued eligibility for services.
10. Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
1. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
2. Attends regular case conferences and team meetings per Clinical Manager and as needed.
3. Communicates with team LPN when delegating appropriate visits.
4. Communicates with other community providers to coordinate the care plan (i.e. Insurance case managers, high risk case managers, elder services, protective service, etc.).
5. Practices confidentiality principles set by the agency and federal HIPAA guidelines.
1. Demonstrates proficiency in OASIS completion
2. Clinical visit notes explain the need for the skilled nursing service in light of the patient’s overall medical condition and experiences; the complexity of the services performed and the plan for the next visit based on the rationale of prior results.
3. Completes documentation in accordance with agency timeliness policies.
1. Maintains and updates clinical knowledge and skills based on current nursing practice.
2. Adheres to departmental requirements for required training.
3. Identifies specific learning needs & goals and collaborates with nursing leadership in developing a plan to meet them.
1. Participates in the weekend/holiday/on-call rotation as defined by Lahey Health at Home.
2. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
3. Participates in in-service programs and supervises, teaches and precepts other nursing personnel as assigned by Clinical Manager.
• Registered Nurse from a Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing
• BSN, strongly preferred
• Minimum of 1-2 years nursing experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health or home care nursing with OASIS experience is preferred.
• Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state of Massachusetts.
• Has an active American Health Association BLS. If no American Heart Association BLS the employee must complete an annual BILHAH BLS Competency. No other forms of BLS will be accepted.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Demonstrates excellent observation and problem solving/critical thinking skills.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills; essential computer skills to work with EMR.
• Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
• Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
• Shows strong ability to organize and prioritize workload independently; nursing skills per competency checklist.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities