Changing health care
to improve quality of
life for all.
Beth Israel Lahey Health’s roots in providing top-quality health care date back nearly a century. We're fully committed to ensuring our patients receive the care they deserve. As a leading healthcare provider throughout New England, we aim to change the current state of health care for the better and make lasting improvements that guarantee access to our services.
Hospice & Palliative Nurse Practitioner
Woburn, MassachusettsOrganization Facility: Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home Category: Advanced Practitioner / Advance Practice Provider / Physician Assistant Job ID: JR40000 Date posted: 12/28/2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
What You’ll Do:
The Hospice & Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner provides consultation in hospice & palliative care, symptom management, and supportive care to meet the needs of the patient as requested by the referring physician. Performs physical assessments and communicates with patients facing serious complex illnesses.
- Evaluate and consult relative to the patient’s needs including: pain and symptom management, goal setting and clarification of treatment options, advanced care planning and discussion regarding illness and end of life issues, in conjunction with other health professionals.
- Provide patient education to the patients and their family according to the plan of care to facilitate optimal patient and family support relative to the patient's illness.
- Work effectively with other health care professionals in environments where we may see patients as patient homes, skilled nursing facilities etc.
- Assists with diagnosis, treatment and management of acute and chronic health conditions.
- Consults with palliative care physician as needed, informs primary physician of recommended services and collaborates with other physicians as needed.
- Educates facility staff, co-workers and the community on all aspects of palliative care and the services provided by Beth Israel Lahey Health at Home hospice and palliative programs.
- Attends and participates in internal palliative care team meetings.
- Consults with the referring physician, the acute care team and other involved providers to contribute to the patient’s plan of care.
- Prepares and maintains accurate patient records, charts and documents to support reimbursement for services provided.
- Orders diagnostics / treatments as needed after collaboration with palliative care and referring physicians.
- Assists in development of clinical practice guidelines / standards in support of quality palliative care as requested by supervisor.
What You’ll Need:
- Certification by a national body (ANCC, NBCHPN, AANP).
- Palliative care ARNP preferred.
- Must be licensed to practice in Massachusetts
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of five (5) years nursing experience.
- Clinical nursing care experience in oncology, hospice, geriatrics, or intensive care preferred.
- Knowledge of the interdisciplinary team concept.
- Reliable transportation, current state driver’s license and automobile insurance.
What You’ll Get:
- A highly competitive salary & benefits package, including generous PTO, 403(b), and tuition reimbursement;
- A reasonable geographic territory with strong clinical support resources;
- A highly inclusive, diverse team that values the input of all staff to provide excellent patient care.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Why join Beth Israel Lahey Health?
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a difference and explore your potential, Beth Israel Lahey Health is the place you belong. Our system includes a network of hospitals, physician practices, outpatient centers, and other healthcare facilities and we offer a broad range of careers in direct patient care, environmental services, registration, finance and many other fields. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized healthcare with a strong reputation for clinical excellence and research and offer diverse opportunities for career growth and development. Conveniently, we have many locations in communities across Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
At Beth Israel Lahey Health, we see you for all that you are – your experience and your dreams. Explore our open opportunities and find out why so many have already chosen to join our team.View All Opportunities